Thursday, January 29, 2009
I got the idea for this post from a blog that I read (Roni’s Weigh). I thought I would try it. It really is pretty tough to do. And at times you really are just mentioning TOTALLY random things. But it was an interesting exercise in getting to know me better and now you will know me better as well. Try it if you have time.
So here goes…
1. I often can’t believe that I’m 36 years old (I REALLY don’t feel that old and wonder if life is just passing me by).
2. I recently (with my partner Kimm) just bought a first house!
3. My favorite food to eat is pizza and my favorite pizza is from the Pizzaria Regina at our local mall (I know, pretty lame…but it truly is the best).
4. I have two cats–Charlie and Madeline–and I have to say that I like Charlie best because he is more lovable to me.
5. It took me a while to find a career that would support me (a nurse)–I only got my degree in 2007 (which means that my two year anniversary as a nurse is coming up). Sometimes I find this hard to believe considering that I still remember sitting in my nursing classes and doing clinical rotations.
6. I don’t really have any close friends in this area. I’m originally from Wisconsin and my best friend from high school was Michele who I see about once a year only and the best thing is that we can start chatting and it’s like I’ve never left. I also have Jen (my first girlfriend) that I am still in contact with but not too often. And I still consider Frank one of my best friends even though we don’t talk too much (I really hate long distance friendships!) I think it is tough to make friends (I mean real close friends) later in life.
7. I do not like snow too much. Although I don’t mind the look of it, I don’t like shoveling (as has been pointed out often in this blog!).
8. Sometimes I get bored with myself.
9. My favorite pasttime is to read–and I really love to reread my favorites.
10. My favorite T.V. shows are Reba, My House is Worth What?, Gilmore Girls, Will and Grace, Boston Legal and House Hunters.
11. I have been on a diet for much of my life. I really wish I was thinner, but I tend to use food as an emotional crutch and when I’m stressed, I eat.
12. My favorite color is brown.
13. I don’t really spend much money on myself. I rarely buy clothes or anything “fun.” Most money goes to bills or groceries.
14. I prefer hardwood floors.
15. I wish I had a close friend that I could confide everything to.
16. I always wear the same pair of earrings. Haven’t changed them in YEARS.
17. I love the fact that I can wear scrubs to work. It’s nice to work in something that feels like pajamas.
18. I tend to be very insecure. Sometimes I think people are talking about me. I tend to want to try to please people so much that I won’t be myself.
19. My favorite ice cream is Haagen Daaz Caramel Cone.
20. I REALLY like to blog which surprises me every day. And I really like to find new blogs to read.
21. I really miss living closer to my parents and brother.
22. My favorite hobbies are reading, watching TV/movies, cooking, knitting, cross stitching, and reading blogs.
23. I have one younger brother (Kurt) who is 34.
24. I have one nephew (Eric) who is 7.
25. I would like to visit Hawaii, Ireland, and Paris.
26. My original plan was to go to medical school, but I gave up when I didn’t get accepted to the one medical school I applied to. I wish I would have had a better advisor who would have advised me to apply to more schools. I wonder what my life would be like if I was a doctor.
27. I don’t believe that people are born gay or straight. I just think that people become attracted to different people. And often who you are attracted to depends on who is attracted to you, the options that are available to you, and what you were socialized to believe was an option for you.
28. I am gay and often don’t tell people. Even though I don’t want to feel this way, I often feel like others will not like me just because I’m gay. I really hate that I still feel this way. Mostly because I feel fine with who I am and I love the person I’m with and I think it is sad that people still feel that there is something wrong with someone if they are not straight. But STILL I can’t change how I feel. This is something I am still working on.
29. I’m excited to start a garden this spring. I love fresh veggies.
30. I have had five diferent girlfriends.
31. I love to hang out in sweatpants. So comfy.
32. My ultimate dream would be to own a coffee shop.
33. I really want to have at least two children.
34. My favorite soda is orange (even though when you drink it you’re still thirsty).
35. I don’t like to watch most sports–the only ones I would actually watch are ice skating and gymnastics.
36. I love to go ice skating with my dad and my nephew when I visit home.
37. My favorite holiday is Christmas–I love to have the tree lights on at night.
38. I have large feet–size 12 women (although I often wear size 10 men).
39. There is nothing like the smell of fresh bread baking.
40. I love to go to the library and read People magazine (for free!)
41. Sometimes I wish I had long hair.
42. I love to take a long, hot shower.
43. My partner Kimm absolutely LOVES hockey.
44. I wish I had a better sense of direction. Most often I have to drive somewhere a few times before I feel comfortable knowing where I am going.
45. I never thought I would end up living in Massachusetts.
46. I love to try new recipes and usually want to try a new one each week when I have the time.
47. I wish I knew more about computer and technology in general.
48. I own an iphone.
49. There have been several times when I have gone over my cell phone minutes–I think the most I have had to pay for a cell phone bill is almost $300 (that SUCKS!)
50. I love to go see a movie in the theater and I always have to get buttered popcorn.
51. My favorite alcoholic drink is Smirnoff Red (I can polish off 4-5 when I go out).
52. I love to get together for “Girl’s Night.” There’s nothing like good food, good drink and good friends to make an excellent evening.
53. My favorite flower is the daffodil.
54. I can’t seem to get rid of the clutter by my desk 🙂
55. I am not a fan of organized religion.
56. My favorite restaurants are The Olive Garden, Uno’s, and On the Border.
57. I am a vegetarian and have been for about two years. Kimm read a bunch of stuff on the cruelty to animals and decided off meat. I wanted to support her and after reading a bunch of information feel similarly as she does. But sometimes I STILL miss pepperoni on pizza or a good burger!
58. I keep my fingernails short. I can’t stand it when they get long–they start to feel strange.
59. I have been on a toast kick for breakfast lately. Two slices–one with honey and one with peanut butter. Both with Country Crock spread first. Yummy.
60. I wish my grandparents were still alive so I could talk to them.
61. I have been with Kimm for seven years.
62. I wish I had more patience.
63. I don’t really like to talk on the phone. This comes from working at Mass Relay (telecommunications for the deaf and the hard of hearing) where I was on the phone for EIGHT hours a day.
64. I usually have to listen to music several times before I can make a decision whether I like it or not. Strange, huh?
65. I don’t play any computer games or Wii and have never played Atari or anything like that.
66. I never used to like vegetables that much but now I really like them.
67. I like to play board games or cards.
68. I like to get dressed up and go out.
69. I am very sentimental and will cry at movies or with a sad book.
70. I love to sit in front of a campfire or a fireplace.
71. I like to go camping. In fact, I was the one that brought up this idea to my parents a long way back, and now they still go camping every year.
72. My dad is an ex-librarian and my mom still works (occasionally) as a substitute teacher.
73. Sometimes I wish I could be in a play. It would be fun to act out someone’s life that is not your own.
74. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be someone else and live their life.
75. I like to go swimming. And I like to go to the ocean.
76. I always sleep with the covers over my head and I can’t stand when the covers are tucked in at the foot of the bed. There has to be room for movement of the feet!
77. I taught myself how to type.
78. I eventually want to have a dog.
79. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to have a disease. I am surrounded by sick people all the time and this thought has often crossed my mind.
80. I used to play the clarinet and I would like to start playing again.
81. I love to have coffee in the morning. And I like to read the Sunday paper.
82. I don’t like tea. There’s just something about the taste.
83. I tend to be frugal. I can’t believe how expensive a lot of stuff is. And I often wonder how people survive and how much money they make since they seem to spend so much more money than I do.
84. The lowest I have ever weighed is 170. And I looked damn good then!
85. I like to look at old pictures. Every time I go home to visit my parents I always spend time looking at old pictures of our family.
86. I really like Kimm’s family–they all make me feel like I’m part of their family.
87. I love watching fireworks.
88. I like to attend weddings.
89. I feel naked without my ring.
90. When I have a child I will be using sperm that I know nothing about which kind of freaks me out. Half of the child I create will be from someone who is a stranger. That bums me out.
91. My favorite snack food is Doritos.
92. My favorite desserts are homemade chocolate chip cookies, brownies, and cheesecake.
93. A few of my favorite movies are The Shawshank Redemption, Music and Lyrics, and Legally Blonde.
94. An ideal date would be dinner and a movie.
95. I use coupons when I can but not often enough!
96. I don’t like to clean the bathrooms.
97. I have paid off all but one of my credit cards since I became a nurse! And this last one should be paid off by the end of this year.
98. I wish I was independently wealthy so I didn’t have to work. But I don’t gamble so I don’t think that will ever happen 🙂
99. I’m not a big fan of going out to bars.
100. I wish that I had more time to spend with my sweetie. It just never seems like we have that much time to be together and the time that we do have together goes by way too fast 😦