Tuesday, November 30, 2010
It is already the last day of November.
Time continues to just fly by.
Today Kimm and I celebrated a completely new tradition…our own Thanksgiving meal.
On the menu: Green Bean Casserole, Cornbread Casserole, Baked Mashed Potatoes, Cranberries, Croissants stuffed with mustard and cheese, and ice cream sundaes for dessert (Rocky Road Ice cream with melted peanut butter, peanuts, and whipped cream for Kimm and Butter Pecan ice cream with homemade caramel sauce, peanuts and whipped cream for me).
IT WAS GOOD 🙂
My favorite was the cornbread casserole…so savory and sweet at the same time.
After eating we went through our “leading up to Thanksgiving thankfulness notes.” It was fun to see which ones we had in common and which ones even we repeated 🙂 –I guess we don’t have the best memories.
Here they are:
1) A comfy, warm bed to sleep in
2) The last of the beautiful, fall leaves on the trees
3) Songs that you can listen to over and over again and never get tired of
4) Lazy, rainy days
5) Poppy-corn (popcorn for people who don’t know MY language!)
6) Watching Brady Bunch DVDs
7) Sunny days
8) The smell of a flavored candle burning
9) My babies–Izzy, Charlie and Madeline
10) Going to the movies
11) Taking a long hot shower
13) Playing “Words with Friends” (a COMPLETELY addicting game on my iphone!)
14) Reading before bed
15) Early morning walks with Izzy and my sweetie
16) Sun (see what I mean about repeats…I must really like the sun)
17) Good co-workers
18) Reading a good new book!
19) Anticipation for Thanksgiving
20) A good, hard day’s work (LEAVES!!!–need I say more)
21) GOOD FOOD!!
22) Memories 🙂
23) The ability to dream of the future and the fortitude to make dreams into reality
24) Baking–especially the wonderful smell!
1) My wonderful family–Kaye, Izzy, Charlie and Madeline
2) A roof over my head
3) A night out with my sweetie 🙂
4) A nice, warm home on a cold day
5) I finally figured out what I want to do career-wise and I’ve taken the first step toward achieving that goal!
6) Sunny days
8) Public libraries
9) Curling up on the couch with a good book (I knew there was a reason I loved her!!)
10) Date night with my sweetie
11) Days off with my sweetie
12) Long, hot showers (see how we both like that one!)
13) I have only four more long boring classes left (I know this is kind of vague…but it relates to some exciting news for the future!!)
14) Days when I’m NOT sick (it was a rough month folks!)
15) Lunch dates with Mom
16) Taking a ride with Izzy
18) A very comfy bed
19) Reading a motivational book
20) Doing yard work with my sweetie
21) Hot showers (I think this may be her first repeat…she must have been cold and dirty!)
22) Watching movies during the day
23) The holiday season and the excitement and special feelings that come with it
24) The life that we’ve made together…I love you sweetie! (and I love you too!)
So what do you think?
I think that I am pretty damn lucky and blessed. Reading this list makes me realize even more how much I am loved and how much I don’t have to worry about the basics in life–I have shelter and food and a way to earn money to buy the things I need and even a lot of stuff that I don’t necessarily need but that add to the joy of my life. And for that I am EXTREMELY thankful.
Bring on December. It will be hectic, but full of fun 🙂