And the interview went…GREAT!

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wow, what a day.


First of all, let me start off by saying that I slept like SH*T last night 🙂  Apparently nerves have a way of keeping me up!

I was tossing and turning until about 2 am, then I finally put my earplugs in and started listening to some music.  I think maybe finally around 4:30 or 5 am I started dozing on and off, and when I did sleep all I dreamed about was that D*MN interview!  It was actually a relief to finally get up.

After breakfast and reading blogs, I again started going over my interview questions…but of course I was so nervous that I was doubting myself…EVEN THOUGH I kept telling myself “you’re going to do great” and even visualizing myself doing wonderful in the interview…it was hard to keep positive when my stomach was in knots!

Thankfully Kimm went over the interview questions with me again one more time before lunch.

We ate, watching Little House on the Prairie, until the time I  had to start getting ready.

I left by 1:40 pm and OF COURSE as I am heading to the highway exit it was completely backed up.  I started to panic a little because I had no idea what was going on (an accident?) and decided to take a different way to the hospital, one that takes a little bit longer.  Traffic was pretty bad, but I managed to make it to the hospital by 2:07 pm.  But of course as I walk into the hospital I run into an employee I used to work with who wants to tell me something and I didn’t want to blow her off, so I talked for a few minutes.  By the time I was done it was 2:13!  I rushed up the stairs to the 3rd floor and by then I had no more time left to worry…it was happening!

I have never had a large group interview but this one was very laid back.   Everyone was very pleasant, and even though I was on the spot answering the questions, everyone was just so nice it allowed me to be more calm.  I don’t think I answered every question perfectly and I know I stumbled a bit when I was talking at times, but everyone seemed to like what I was saying and my demeanor so that made me feel very good.  The second part of my interview was with only one clinical supervisor and that was even more laid back…she basically said she was so happy that I had applied, she thought I would be a great addition to the team.  She just asked me if I had any questions…I was so nervous I couldn’t really think of anything.  She just kept reassuring me, told me that if I ever needed anything overnight when I was on, that I could call her.  I thought that was very nice and super comforting since that is one thing that makes me the most nervous…knowing that I will be the one in charge of the entire hospital during the night-time.  From there I went to meet with the head honcho, and this was what I was most worried about.  But I hardly said a word during this part…he basically talked the entire time…plans for the hospital, expectations of the supervisor role, his vision for the hospital.  He basically said he was ready to offer me the job at that time but that I should take a night to think about everything since there was so much SAID to me.

And that was that.

I thanked him and when I walked out of the hospital I felt SO FREE.  It was just so nice to be done with it all!

I’m SO glad that I took a step outside of my comfort zone and just went for it 🙂

I immediately called Kimm to tell her I was coming home…when she answered the phone, she sounded HORRIBLE.   While I had been at my interview, Kimm had mowed the lawn.  Turns out that towards the end of the mowing she started developing severe abdominal cramping, to the point where she could hardly stand up it was so painful.  She was in the house, but just in a lot of pain.  I immediately thought…she over-heated.  It was SO hot out and I could only imagine how hot she was after mowing for close to two hours.  I told her to sit in front of the AC, and if she felt like she was able, to take a cold shower.

I was home in 15 minutes…the whole time I was driving I was thinking…what were we thinking having her mow in this hot, humid, oppressive weather???????

When I got home she had been able to take a shower but was still having periods of abdominal cramping.

I decided to head out to get some Gatorade for electrolyte replenishment.  Unfortunately that only helped minimally.

I had to run to drop off library books and also did a few other errands, stopping to pick up pizza on the way home as that was how we were going to celebrate me being done with my interview.

Kimm was able to have a few slices of the pizza but then no more….she just kept feeling waves of abdominal cramping that would not let up.

And that’s where we are now…just kind of monitoring how she feels.  Hopefully this will clear up by morning.

So, not much for a celebratory night, but that’s okay…at least no more prepping for interview questions!  I’m just hoping that I can sleep well tonight.

Tonight I

Published in: on August 28, 2013 at 7:31 pm  Leave a Comment  

The URI to TrackBack this entry is:

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: